Laser dentistry is viewed by some as a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. Those seeking extreme safety and comfort may select a laser dentistry option.
The potential for laser dentistry to improve dental treatment comes from the precision with which lasers can treat an area of focus, the control that laser dentists have over power output, and the duration of exposure on the skin.
Here are some of the major benefits associated with laser dentistry:
- Procedures performed using dental lasers may not require sutures.
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.