Advantages of Composite Resin Fillings
- Your fillings or inlay will match the color of your teeth.
- A filling can be completed in one dental visit. An inlay may require two visits.
- Composite fillings can bond directly to the tooth, making the tooth stronger than it would be with an amalgam filling.
- Less drilling is involved than with amalgam fillings because your dentist does not have to shape the space as much to hold the filling securely. The bonding process holds the composite resin in the tooth.
- Indirect composite fillings and inlays are heat-cured, increasing their strength.
- Composite resin can be used in combination with other materials, such as glass ionomer, to provide the benefits of both materials.